BRONX DENTAL FILLINGS
Bronx dental filling or Bronx dental restoration is a dental healing material used to restore the function, uprightness and morphology of missing tooth structure. The structural loss normally results from caries or external trauma. It is also lost deliberately during tooth preparation to advance the aesthetics or the physical integrity of the anticipated restorative material. Bronx Dental Filling also refers to the replacement of missing tooth structure that is supported by Bronx dental implants.
Bronx Dental Filling can be divided into two broad types: Bronx direct filling and Bronx indirect filling. All dental fillings can be further classified by their size and location. A Bronx root canal filling is a restorative technique used to fill the space where the dental pulp normally resides.
Fillings are the best way to restore a tooth!
In the dental business, several dentists can do the similar work; they all can give you crowns and fill up your cavities. Its how you’re cared for that makes the distinction. It’s the attention that Dr. Gandhi gives to you during your treatment that make you leave happy, with the best results possible.
Here at Bronx DDS, Dr. Gandhi cares for you and wants to give you the best examine possible. That is why Dr. Gandhi suggests only the best options for dental fillings Bronx has to offer.
At Bronx DDS how cavities are treated. Whenever you get one, Dr. Gandhi will treat it by removing the decayed piece of the tooth. She will then fill the area on the tooth where the decayed material was removed. She uses white resin material that so flawlessly matches the tooth, which you’ll never be able to tell you have a filling. If you want the best and the greatest in dentistry, Bronx DDS in 586 Morris Avenue and 573 Fordham Road has the best dentist in Bronx.
Dr. Nishita Gandhi and our team at Bronx DDS Family Dental, offer attractive Bronx metal-free fillings to Bronx area patients. Bronx Metal-free fillings, also called composites or white fillings, are the favorite material for giving you a more likely look! The two main ingredients for a Bronx metal-free filling are plastic resin and a filler of finely ground glass-like particles. The composite fillings are intended to match the tooth’s color and blend in naturally with the tooth enamel.
For hundreds of years, Bronx dental fillings have been used to restore teeth. Bronx Dental fillings are placed in teeth where Dr. Gandhi has had to take out tooth structure due to decay or fracture. In modern times questions arise about the protection of dental amalgam, the toxicity of its mercury content, and concern about mercury emissions when it is disposed of. Technology and products have also come a long way in recent years providing uses other less obvious, Bronx metal free filling options for tooth restoration. For this reason, Dr. Gandhi helps patients by using only metal free, tooth colored fillings, in avoidance of these concerns and for aesthetic results.
STEPS INVOLVED IN BRONX METAL FREE FILLING A TOOTH
- First Dr. Gandhi will use Local anesthetic to numb the area around the tooth to be filled.
- The area is probed to determine if all the decay has been removed. Once it has, the space is prepared for the filling by cleaning the cavity of bacteria and debris.
- Once the filling resin is in, Dr. Gandhi will finish and polish it.
- Tooth-colored fillings require several additional steps. One, tooth-colored material is applied in layers. Two, a special light that hardens each layer is applied. Three, once the multi layering process is completed, Dr. Gandhi will do a beautiful job shaping the composite material to the desired result, trim off any excess material, and polish the fill.
Which type of filling is best?
To be very precise, no one type of filling is best for everyone. A lot of factors play a part in shaping the best option. Those include the location, extent of the decay, cost of filling material, and patients’ insurance coverage.
WHAT ARE TOOTH-COLORED COMPOSITES?
Tooth-colored fillings are the most up-to-date and the utmost in today’s dentistry. They give the impression of being great and sense like your real tooth!
Some of the Advantages of Bronx Metal Free Filling are:
- Can be used to repair chipped, broken, or worn teeth.
- The shade and color can be closely matched to the color of existing teeth.
- Less tooth structure needs to be removed compared with amalgam fillings when removing decay and preparing for the filling.
- Chemically bond to tooth structure, providing best support.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN METAL FILLINGS AND METAL-FREE FILLINGS?
When tooth decay occurs and adequate harm has happened that you need fillings, we choose Bronx metal-free fillings for the many benefits they provide for our patients. But why are Bronx metal-free fillings the best?
- Metal Fillings contain mercury, which can be harmful to your health. Metal-Free, or ‘white fillings’, don’t contain any mercury.
- Unlike metal fillings, white fillings contain silicone dioxide, which prevents the filling from conducting extreme hot or cold temperatures. This way, your teeth will not be sensitive after treatment.
- White fillings harden quickly after treatment, whereas metal fillings usually take several hours.
- White fillings look natural and blend in with your teeth, unlike metal fillings which are grey and stand out against your teeth.
- Your comfort and satisfaction are what matters most to us. So really, when it comes down to it, why wouldn’t we offer you metal-free fillings?
Dr. Gandhi has been placing Bronx metal-free fillings for more than 4 years. The advantages of Bronx metal-free fillings at our Bronx DDS family dentistry practice are numerous:
- They will not absorb moisture
- They do not expand or contract with heat
- Metal-free fillings will not crack over time
All of these issues occur with metal fillings, destroying teeth over time. It is an added bonus, for Dr. Gandhi and her family dentistry patients in Bronx, which Bronx metal-free fillings look better and fuse with teeth better than metal fillings. With Bronx metal-free fillings, you can protect your smile in a safe and discreet way. You deserve the best of family dentistry in Bronx, so contact our Morris area dentist office about Bronx metal-free fillings today!
If you have a cavity that needs a Bronx metal-free filling or if you have a current filling that uses dental amalgam and would like to replace it with a tooth colored filling, give Bronx DDS Dentist, Dr. Nishita Gandhi’s office a call.