# Advancement of Root Canal Treatment in Bronx
Root Canal Treatment is one of the most significant practices of dentistry and a significant percentage of people across the globe undergo this treatment on a daily basis. It was once considered to be a painful procedure for the patients and a complicated one for the dentists and it required a large time for the healing to take place after. But the succeeding development and evolution of the field of dentistry meant that the root canal treatment is now
- Much Easier,
- Simpler, and
- Pain-less procedure to undergo.
Basically, this procedure is used to help you get rid of the infection in the tooth and it includes steps such as,
- The removal of infected Pulp,
- Filling of the canal with gutta-percha and
- Sealing it off with the cement once the area is cleaned.
This was once used to be a painful procedure but the introduction of local anesthesia has made it almost a painless procedure. The administration of this numbs any pain that could be caused during the process and additional advanced treatment equipment has made this surgery less complicated.
#Single Visit Root Canal Treatment
The advances in dentistry has made root canal treatment not only easier but also quicker for the patient as well as the Dentists. Single Visit Root Canal treatment has become a well-accepted and widely preferred procedure across the globe. As the name itself indicates, this procedure is designed to complete the treatment in just one visit and the patient would just need to follow the at-home measures suggested by the dentist later.
Unless it is a case of extremity and the roots are heavily damaged, one can choose this single visit root canal treatment at our Morris Avenue and Fordham Road, Bronx Area and experience effective results.
The Following Are the Features and Advantages with This Treatment
- Decreased duplication of procedures.
- Accepted by majority of the patients owing to its high convenience and simplicity.
- Only one anesthesia required.
- Lowered chances of Gingival trauma.
- No issues of inter-appointment dental contamination or infections.
- Great time saver
- Very much affordable.
- Has a good success rate that matches in effectiveness with multiple visit procedure
You can expect a few complications that involve slight pain after the root canal treatment, though it may not be applicable to every case. Let us see what one should be prepared for if they are about to go for a root canal treatment
Since this procedure involves thorough cleaning of the root of the teeth, one can expect some pain and sensitivity for a few days. This is not permanent and usually heals faster with
- Proper Measures,
- Personal Hygiene, and
- Medication if any suggested by the dentist.
Prescribed medication can sometimes give allergic reactions to some individuals. One can observe swelling and constant itching in the teeth and this should be immediately brought to the Endodontics’s notice.
If the root canal is performed on teeth that were deeply infected or heavily damaged, it would take a little longer to heal and one may experience difficulty in chewing for a few days.
- Ensure that you are brushing twice and flossing regularly.
- Make sure that u get a crown placed on the Root Canal treated tooth (especially if it is a grinding tooth)
- Make sure you are getting the teeth checked up regularly.
- Follow the after-care instructions suggested by dentist without fail. Some measures may be unique and exclusive for the patient depending on the dental health and state of the teeth.
If you are in the Bronx area, Fordham Dental Office near you is a must for your oral health needs. Fordham Dental specializes in Root Canal Treatment implementation and can help you get the teeth you are looking for and feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Fordham Dental Office features Dr. Nishita Gandhi, who is an experienced cosmetic dentist in Bronx Area serving at two location Morris Ave & Fordham Road, Bronx. Dr. Gandhi has treated numerous clients that has seen tremendous results with Root Canal. To learn more about Fordham Dental and Dr. Gandhi, visit www.bronxdds.com or schedule an appointment at 917-962-9990.